Monday, 14 July 2014

Those nights when sleep eludes me..



Those nights when sleep eludes me,
I think of those beautiful early mornings in the train when Mom would open an orange cream biscuit for me and tell me its the Sun.
I think of those nights when Dad told me that bats don’t exist in India, just so that I would sleep peacefully.
I think of those times when my little brother would save his favourite chocolate for an entire week so that he can share it with me.
I think of the times when I used to walk to the shop at the street end holding Grandpa's hand just so that he would get me a pink eraser..
I think about the time Grandma would feed me extra food, by telling me stories of long lost Kings and their incredible escapades
I think about the times Uncle and Aunt would proudly call me their daughter..
I think about the times I cried just before Grandpa passed away - that strange calm feeling I get when I look up at him for strength every now and then, how he sometimes smiles and calls me fondly as always in my dreams..
I think of those lazy days spent at our village literally doing nothing..

I think of those dreamy late evenings spent in thinking about my high school crush, the way he had casually waved at me as I walked down the corridor..
I think of those genuine compliments from friends at work, out of the blue, adding a spark of life to the otherwise boring day at work
Sigh!!
As I snap back to reality, and a sudden sense of dullness sorrounds me, it occurs how these tiny things happen every day and are so essential to help us get through this daily war we wage to get what we call the big things in life..
We are so caught up in the war that these teeny tiny things matter to us only on such difficult nights..
Its true that I take these for granted but is it not high time I realise and appreciate these things and the people behind them. Staring at the ceiling I begin to notice a small smile spreading across my face..
As a take a silent vow to change myself and appreciate the small things in life, sleep starts to engulf me..
I pull up my sheets and shut my eyes tightly so that I am all charged to wage that never ending battle the next day...

No comments:

Post a Comment